cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cambrians
Contributor
Message 271 of 295

Re: Cannot access BBC or Facebook

Hi Ant3000, some users had already worked out what was going wrong long before me so I can't take any credit. At least it now looks like it's finally been fixed, & seeing there are now different addresses on the traceroutes to the previously dodgy addresses that were blocking the sites from loading correctly, I think we on the right track all along! Shame it took so long to get there.

Thanks to Shaun D for keeping us up to date with developments through what sounded like a difficult problem to solve.

Happy surfing everybody!

p.s. I'm not holding my breath for compensation!

0 Ratings
strathend
Beginner
Message 272 of 295

Fingers crossed that it is now sorted.  Time will tell.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Ant3000
Contributor
Message 273 of 295

Have been randomly checking the usually affected websites and no problems so far! Anybody else?

0 Ratings
Ludo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 274 of 295

' Morning Ant,

No network problems here today, though this site is a little slow to load. It's probably a website-specific thing due to fairly heavy traffic

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2712210/Broadband-companies-punishing-consumers-hef...

0 Ratings
strathend
Beginner
Message 275 of 295

So far, so good.  Good to see pics again on pc, tablet and iphone.  Let's hope it continues.

0 Ratings
Ant3000
Contributor
Message 276 of 295

All still working so pretty hopefully we're pretty safe to say it's been fixed!

Will sign off from the thread now, thanks to everyone for helping to get this sorted!

Be interested to hear an official report as to what the problem might have been so that we can be one step ahead of the game should we encounter anything similar in the future. Any chance of that SeanD?

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 277 of 295

Hi Ant3000,

I am hoping to update you guys with some detail as to what the issue was.  I am awaiting Wholesale to get back to me with some information.  Once I have this I will post and let you guys know.

Thanks for all the contributions from you guys, I have no doubt that this has helped tremendously with getting to the bottom of this issue.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Hangerhead
Contributor
Message 278 of 295

I had a call from Michelle from the BT Care team today.

She asked how things had been - any improvement.

Also, said that the issue had been fully cleared as of last night.

So, is anyone experiencing any problems?

For my part, no (and I started this thread... 🙂   )

I notice every once in a while, a web page will take about 0.5 seconds longer to initiate loading....but it does load, all images and all pages.

it does appear to be fixed, and I've not had it occur for about 3 days now, so perhaps the 'formal' fix was delivered last night.

0 Ratings
s_p_morris
Contributor
Message 279 of 295

Have just been reading the thread, well done sir for pinning down the behaviour that was causing the fault. This forum is making a difference to many customers who would be affected like this without a clue as to the cause. Good work!

0 Ratings
Traumatic
Aspiring Expert
Message 280 of 295

All working fine for me now!

0 Ratings