cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hangerhead
Contributor
Message 11 of 295

Re: Cannot access BBC or Facebook

the same two websites, bbc and facebook are failing again.

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 12 of 295

working fine for me on internet explorer 11?

0 Ratings
Hangerhead
Contributor
Message 13 of 295

not for me on chrome, nor on IE

0 Ratings
Rottie
Expert
Message 14 of 295

Both sites loading as expected here using Firefox 30.0 on OS X Mavericks 10.9.4

0 Ratings
Hangerhead
Contributor
Message 15 of 295

my brother -in-law, through his iphone 5, also cannot access facebook, although I can, via my android phone.

I still can not open either facebook npr BBC pages via my laptop, using chrome or IE.

(This is through cabinet 59, whiteley exchange)

0 Ratings
Hangerhead
Contributor
Message 16 of 295

both sites, again now, working for both devices.

0 Ratings
Harmonica
Contributor
Message 17 of 295

BBC Sport is almost always slow or not loading most evenings. I guess it could be related to the World Cup and Wimbledon being on right now, but it's a bit surprising this would happen and I assume that BBC have enough to cover that kind of heavy load. I've noticed similar problems with loading specific other high traffic sights during peak. The problem of slow or partially loading pages almost always goes away after 10 or 11pm. This has only become an issue relatively recently, I'd say within the past month or two. I'm the only user on my line and so it's not for me an issue of bandwidth at home causing problems.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 295

It could be that you are suffering from some sort of congestion at peak times. You should carry out a speed test at different times of the day to see if things change.

Use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics this will show your speeds and your IP profile for up and down. If the speed drops but the IP profile stays the same it is probably congestion that is your problem.This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
Harmonica
Contributor
Message 19 of 295

Congestion for specific sites though? I don't know if this is a BT issue, really, it could just be on BBC's end. For me without exception every other site or service runs fine all day, it's just BBC Sport, and also Steam's store front end website.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 295

The impression I got was that it was streaming that was the problem ie watching sport or iplayer and at peak times, not just  specific sites. Obviously if it is just on one or two sites it will not be congestion. 

0 Ratings