cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 63

Re: Cannot access my own uk website except via VPN

Go to solution

@Unbelievable perhaps you could make a change (date?) to the front page of the site and we could see whether that propagates - or we are looking at a cached page?

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 63

Go to solution

@Unbelievable Yes - are you Noel?

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 63

Go to solution

yes i am

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 63

Go to solution
the new page is different
something isn't propagating for some reason
0 Ratings
Message 45 of 63

Go to solution

@Unbelievable I use WordPress too for my sites eg Portobello Central   I have to "purge from Varnish" and "purge the performance cache" or else some stuff doesn't appear.

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 63

Go to solution

As you can see I'm not an expert!

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 63

Go to solution
i have a cache clear plugin on all my 6 sites (i do them for free) - but the clear cache only makes a difference to individual page refreshes in my experience - this seems to be at a much higher level with either google not indexing the site and updating its pages (analytics are running and working) -
0 Ratings
Message 48 of 63

Go to solution

I can access the site using Google or OpenDNS but not BT DNS. Might be worth getting your hosting company to talk to BT to find out why their DNS servers aren't getting updated.

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 63

Go to solution
thanks - so the problem is with BT somewhere or a combination of BT/Fasthosts (not hopeful with Fasthosts) but will give it a go

it's sooo frustrating every other site is fine just this one - if it was just me I wouldn't be too fussed as the VPN works fine for updating and maintaining the site

how are you swapping between DNS services ? because I've had no luck with any of my attempts
0 Ratings
Message 50 of 63

Go to solution

I'm swapping by setting manual DNS config for various servers in the Ethernet adapter and using BT servers on Wifi

Further testing reveals that if I have IPv6 enabled I get a 404 but if I disable it, I can access the site using any DNS server.