cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlcaulkett
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Cannot connect to localhost

Hello, I have just moved into a flat with a already supplied BT Internet connection. So far it has worked well, but I'm now encountering a problem of which I don't know the cause. It didn't happen before on my old Plus.Net broadband but it has happed just now when I tried to do this procedure for the first time since moving. What am I trying to do, I hear you cry! Well, I am a developer who is using Docker on the Apple Mac, and one of the Docker apps I am trying involves running the localhost website with `http://localhost:8080`. This gives the following error.

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 09.52.00.png

Thi used to work on my machine with the old broadband provider, so I'm wondering if the move to BT Internet is causing this issue, although from a technical point of view, I cannot see why this should be.

Thoughts, anyone?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cannot connect to localhost

Try disconnecting from the hub and see if it works. You don't need a router let alone an internet connection to connect to 127.0.0.1. Just wondering if somehow the hub is trying to resolve the address rather than your local machine.

0 Ratings
carlcaulkett
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cannot connect to localhost

Thanks for the reply. I switched off my USB WiFi dongle and tried it again. Same problem as before, I'm afraid. Additional information i that when I cancel the Docker machine command, it exits with the following message...

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 11.53.00.png

I can't help feeling that the "use of closed network connection" message is significant but I haven't been able to find the solution on Google yet

0 Ratings