cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jenoseel
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Cannot log on wirelessly

I am a complete novice to this! I have a Home Hub 5 and never bothered setting up wireless as I have direct hard wired internet onnections. 

My new car will update wirelessly but I cannot connect. Using search in the car it finds 2 BT wireless connections but the first will not accept the password from the back of the hub and the second "cannot connect".

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot log on wirelessly

your home wireless network from your hub will only reach maybe 10/15m from hub location so unless you are in your garage or sitting just outside your home you won't see your home SSID

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Carlusha
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Perhaps you are confused and your new car is supplied complete with an internet hotspot! If that is the case, then all your devices and those of your passengers, such as phones and tablets should be able to use this hotspot.
A vehicle hotspot enables you to be connected to the net while on the move.
I suggest you revisit the main agent for a quick demonstration ..... or perhaps refer to the vehicle's handbook.
As Mr Jolly points out, your home hub is purely for your home internet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

When you are setting up the wireless connection to the car, make sure that you are connecting to the correct Homehub and that you are using the wireless passkey/password and not the Admin password. The Homehub name or SSid and the wireless passkey are found on the label on the Homehub 5.

Although the car can connect via wireless I found that on my car the connection was a bit slow and not very good. The best way to get any software updates is to ask your dealer to do it for you. If it's a new car they should do it for free.

If you are updating your sat nav you are best to download it on to a pan drive or memory card because of the size of the download and then transfer it to your car that way. The car's user manual will tell you how to do that.

0 Ratings