Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Canon printer cannot be found in Macbook Laptop

Go to solution

Hi All,

This is 1st time I seeking help here. 

I just bought my Canon TS5151 printer which with a wireless print function. However, my Macbook Pro laptop cannot found or connect this printer by wi-fi even the printer already connected to the Smart Hub 2. I set up the other router as the access point and its work, but the problem is when my laptop connected to this access point. I go back to the 56K age which is a nightmare for all people now.

Would anyone give me a helping hand on this case? because I have a load of documents need to print and submit. 

Your help much appreciated.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Canon printer cannot be found in Macbook Laptop

Go to solution

Check that the printer and MacBook are both connected to the smart hub OR the same access point. If they are not they will not communicate. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Steve

Thank you so much. Both devices already connected to the Smart Hub 2 by wi-fi as checked on devices setting and the Hub Manager. However, my laptop still cannot found the printer OR cannot connect it even found.

I think it might about some setting on the SH2 because it works if I connect both devices to the other router (Access point). Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Hongkonger_new_in_UK  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you cannot connect to your printer.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Hongkonger_new_in_UK 

You could try possibly switching off the 5GHZ wifi as that can sometimes confuse things as with the SH2 the 2.4 & 5 GHZ  bands can't be split to separate SSIDs.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Tim,

Thank you so much for your solution and it is work. Please let me update some. 

When I turned off the 5Ghz in SH2, redo all set up for the printer from step 1,  and make sure the printer works fine with wireless print, scan. I let the 5Ghz back and both (print and 5Ghz) is working. Thank you, guys.

0 Ratings