cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Cant get over 15 mbps upload

Hi guys,

The problem I have is I've got the 900 download and 110 upload package,

Is I do a speed test on my phone or my laptop I get around 400-800 download and around 60-100 upload but on my PC  I'm getting between 200-500 mbps download and between 5 mbps-15 mbps upload something capping my upload speed but I don't know what cant anyone help please 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cant get over 15 mbps upload

@Stephkk 

You are not going to get the full speed over a wireless connection, if that is what you are using.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Might be worthwhile checking the specs on the network card in your PC for the theoretical maximum it'll support. Also, bear in mind that if the rest of the hardware in your PC isn't up to the task you'll get bottlenecks which will slow down the speeds you are receiving on the device

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

This is the problem its on a wired network cable I even have the one that offers 1gb funny thing is just done a speed check again in my phone and its 657 down and 111 upload and my pc is 251 download and 7.2 upload 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@Stephkk wrote:

This is the problem its on a wired network cable I even have the one that offers 1gb funny thing is just done a speed check again in my phone and its 657 down and 111 upload and my pc is 251 download and 7.2 upload 

Sounds like a duplex mismatch issue, where the home hub and the PC are not negotiating the correct speed and duplex, due to a Ethernet link pulse timing issue. This has been reported before. It can also be caused by a long, or incorrectly wired Ethernet cable.

Do you have a spare gigabit Ethernet switch that you can connect between the home hub and the PC?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thank for your reply but this might help you just booted in safe mode with networking and I'm getting 920 download and 112 upload but when I boot back in to Windows
I get 277 download 8.3 upload so something on the pc software wise must be restricting it
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@Stephkk wrote:
Thank for your reply but this might help you just booted in safe mode with networking and I'm getting 920 download and 112 upload but when I boot back in to Windows
I get 277 download 8.3 upload so something on the pc software wise must be restricting it

Its more likely that you have other applications running which are taking up all of the upload bandwidth. Things like BT Cloud OneDrive, Google Drive, or similar.

You can find out by using Windows Task Manager and looking at network resources.