Highlighted
Retep57
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Cctv

How do I set up to access my CAMERAS when I'm away from home.i have the newest bt hub

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cctv

@Retep57 wrote:

How do I set up to access my CAMERAS when I'm away from home.i have the newest bt hub

You will have to use a DDNS service that is supported by the BT home hub. No-IP is one such service. You can assign a host name which will always point to your public IP address.

You create an  account with them, and then enter the details into your home hub.

See this thread https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/DDNS-and-Smart-Hub6-cant-get-it-to-work/td-p/18...

You will of course have to setup port forwarding to allow your cameras to be access from the Internet.

0 Ratings
Retep57
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Where do you register with a service provider 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Search for no-ip on Google, create a free account, then follow the instructions on the thread I posted.
0 Ratings
Retep57
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi I sign up for no i p yesterday .they said I would get a email.but nothing yet.any I dear how long it takes

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

I suggest you contact no-IP direct, that is not an answer we would have on this forum.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings