cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Changing position of junction box with connections for flats+ rerouting twisted pair for one flat

Go to solution

(1) Junction box on exterior wall of block of flats 

I need to access the wall underneath this plastic box which connects all 10 flats to the phone network so we can redecorate the exterior wall underneath the box as damp is coming through into the flat behind. Ideally the box should be mounted on spacers so we can redecorate regularly. 

(2) Rerouting the copper twisted pair into one flat

Currently the cable goes through the window frame, but I want to reroute it through the external wall, as my new window supplier will not guarantee new timbers if there is a hole through them.

I think these modifications are for OpenReach but these use cases aren't covered by their chatbot or options on their website.  Am I right about OpenReach being responsible?  I have tried calling but use cases they cover are very specific.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Changing position of junction box with connections for flats+ rerouting twisted pair for one fla

Go to solution

@London_66 wrote:

(1) Junction box on exterior wall of block of flats 

I need to access the wall underneath this plastic box which connects all 10 flats to the phone network so we can redecorate the exterior wall underneath the box as damp is coming through into the flat behind. Ideally the box should be mounted on spacers so we can redecorate regularly. 

(2) Rerouting the copper twisted pair into one flat

Currently the cable goes through the window frame, but I want to reroute it through the external wall, as my new window supplier will not guarantee new timbers if there is a hole through them.

I think these modifications are for OpenReach but these use cases aren't covered by their chatbot or options on their website.  Am I right about OpenReach being responsible?  I have tried calling but use cases they cover are very specific.

@London_66 Who provides your phone service?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Changing position of junction box with connections for flats+ rerouting twisted pair for one fla

Go to solution
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Yep, @licquorice  Thank you for this.

My issues are now booked in into the Open Reach platform. Let's see whether and how the follow up.

0 Ratings