Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaronf
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Changing to ASUS DSL - AC68U

Go to solution

Hi There,

I am changing from the BT Smart Hub to the ASUS DSL-AC68U as I'm often facing my connection dropping or crashing. 

I have the PPPoE password which I believe is

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

bt

To get the best out of the router and to make it work what settings do I need to change to make it as fast as possible?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
pippincp
Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Changing to ASUS DSL - AC68U

Go to solution

Basically none, it depends on what your home network needs are.

0 Ratings
aaronf
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

So basically turn it on go onto the default 192.168.1.1 setup the wireless network enter pppoe password and thats it?

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Yes, no need for a PM. I don't answer them anyway as everthing should be shared with the community.

0 Ratings
aaronf
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Sorry I'm new to this forum just getting to grips with it. Thank you for your help

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@aaronf

Good choice of modem/router. I've been using one for maybe 3 years now & basically with the state of the current firmware all the basic settings should be just fine.

As @pippincp mentions any changes you make really are dependant on your own personal needs. I've setup firewall rules, port forwarding, usage restrictions, a guest network and a VPN server amongst other things. There isn't much that you'd want to do that this device won't accommodate.

If you need any advice I'm happy to receive a PM which I would respond to.Smiley Happy

0 Ratings