cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colworsley
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Cisco 7961 wont work on BT HH5? Need Help!!

Hi

I have purchased a Cisco 7961 IP phone and i am unable to get it working on my home hub, the HH5.

I have no idea where to go with this issue and cannot get any help from the teams when i call BT but i have read some threads on here that give me hope there is a solution, but i just cant seem to find the answer!?

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this, either a mod or someone who has managed ton resolve the same issue.

The issue i have is the phone connects to the hub and picks up its static IP address i have assigned to it but the phone just keeps dropping on and off the networks and seems to be stuck in a reboot loop.

I have rebooted the router

I have reset the Cisco phone by, holding the # key until the buttons next to the screen simultaneously light up and pressing 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, but this has been to no avail.

Would welcome the help of some =one more tech savvy than i!

Thank you in advance

Col

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cisco 7961 wont work on BT HH5? Need Help!!

How are you getting power to the phone, POE, power adapter?

It could be that the POE injecter or power block are not capable of sustaining the load

0 Ratings
colworsley
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi

I have a power adapter, i would hope it is capable of sustaining the load as it is an original one?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

Try this link there's lots of information on there and if you still have no luck you could try posting your question on their community

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

You would be probably better using a third party router, the one I use does support SIP.

ALG settimgs for VPN and SIP

0 Ratings