Jo4
Beginner
Message 11 of 14

Re: Citrix

Go to solution

Apologies for not coming back sooner.  I've tested it for 10 minutes or so over the last few days and the problem seems to have been resolved with the new router.  As I'm due to work from home tomorrow (all day), I will hopefully know for sure.  

I did speak to BT broadband again and they said that the router may work or that I needed business broadband as the hubs do not seem to like VPN (which is apparently how I log on).  Still seems quite extreme but hopefully I won't need it now with the new router.  

Many thanks again for your help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for the update.

You would not need Business Broadband if you are just a home worker. I don`t think the helpdesk has a clue about these sorts of issues, which is why they refer you to BT Business.

The home hub is probably not good enough to deal with the large amount of data that is  passed over the link, during a Citrix session, so it drops the connection.

I would just stick with the new router, as its a much better choice.

0 Ratings
Jo4
Beginner
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

After a few days being off work sick, I am delighted to report that router is working fine and I'm currently logged on working from home using it!!!  Relieved is an understatement!  Thank you once again.  Your help was invaluable. 

0 Ratings
Jo4
Beginner
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

After several months of working ok with a handful of connection interruptions,  the problem is back and worse than ever.  Any suggestions would be welcome

0 Ratings