cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doobleshaft
Contributor
Message 131 of 295

Re: Clocks Forward - SOLVED with a work around (no thanks to BT)

Mine strangely actually shows BST but isn't BST as it's still 1 hour behind. Almost suggests someone has tried to do something.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 132 of 295

@Doobleshaft wrote:

No idea. Unfortunately I didn't have a homehub 2 until after BST started and I hadn't noticed with v1.5 so I can't explain.

Perhaps someone has noticed and can answer the question? Or can someone from BT answer?

I received my Homehub 2 Version A in early 2009.

I started using the power save function in 2010 and the were no problems with GMT/BST until this year, and as previously stated, the hub now has reset to BST, as from 01-05-2012. I am always aware of the Hub time as it allows internet access from 7-00AM.

The original problem with the equipment, in 2009, was that the date displayed on the hub phone was incorrect: the year display was incorrect. It took some months for BT to correct this, but it was done eventually.

You can override the Power Save function by pressing the hub "Power On" button, so unless you have positioned the Hub in some inaccessible place then this should not be a problem. The problem is switching it back to Power Save, once it is on.

0 Ratings
kronckew
Aspiring Contributor
Message 133 of 295

for info.

just for laughs i went into the win7 control panel date & time settings & went to the internet update. i replaced the ntp time server with my hh3's ip @ 192.168.1.254 & tried an update. it worked. appears the hh3 also is a time server for a connected lan. oddly, while the hh3 browser pages show gmt(utc) rather than bst, windows got the correct info from the router & set the time on the pc correctly. appears there is something in the firmware, not in the bt time signal. setting windows to use bt's ntp server listed in the hh3 settings also sets the pc correctly.

My dog is so lazy, she only chases parked cars
0 Ratings
richard2010
Contributor
Message 134 of 295

I think you will find that Windows is applying the daylight savings offset to the time sourced from the HH.

0 Ratings
kronckew
Aspiring Contributor
Message 135 of 295

which is what the hh3 firmware should do. ntp itself supplies utc. the device has to handle the local tz.

My dog is so lazy, she only chases parked cars
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Willstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 136 of 295

Still waiting for a solution BT!!!  Muppets!

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 137 of 295

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.  We have followed this up with our Hub team and they have advised that the problem will be fixed with the next firmware release.

Apologies I can not be more specific at the moment but as soon as we know a bit more I'll update the thread.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
snowy2010
Aspiring Expert
Message 138 of 295

Thanks for the update CraigS and,  whilst I appreciate that it isn't your fault,  an estimate date would be nice!  It's a real problem for those of us who use hubphones as well as they sync their time from the hub.  Would be great to see what time any missed calls ACTUALLY were missed at LOL!

0 Ratings
DavieT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 139 of 295

I was interested to follow this thread (pity the answer was on page 14 instead of at the top of the thread) as I have a few times unsuccessfully tried the fixes that Broadband Helpdesk Technicians have recommended since having the same problem with my Home Hub 2 when we went to BST.  I only use hub phones in my home and the 1571 Answerphone service, so my messages are an hour adrift and the screen time likewise.  I tried going to manual but every time the power tripped I had a 01 Jan 00 datum when power was restored; even more irritating than the GMT during BST.  Come on BT get it sorted please.

0 Ratings
Doobleshaft
Contributor
Message 140 of 295

@DavieT

Strictly there is no answer for this as we are still waiting for a firmware update to permanently fix the problem. A forum will also have the latest responses at the end and is the most likely location for any answer.

BT told me that this would be resolved or at least an answer given to me by Tuesday and I've not heard a thing. But as per a previous post it will allegedly be resolved in the latest firmware update. I've been given deadlines for fixes, answers, responses etc. and heard nothing over the past 2 months so not holding out any hope.

We do have some workarounds though with my preference being to leave on the automatic time setting and have to use power save settings that are 1 hour out. I don't use the hub phone the same way as you do so this setting is fine for me.

As my hub seems to frequently reset (more likely than power issues) I could not use the manual setting and when you use manual time, it seems to lose 5 minutes per week which is extremely poor. Even the cheapest digital watch doesn't do this!

0 Ratings