cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antient
Aspiring Contributor
Message 241 of 295

Re: Home hub 2 time wrong

With respect, spurs_fan11, the fault is not in the server. It occurs no matter which server you try. The fault is firmly in the firmware of the hub, and BT has had its head up its backside over this one since March. It amazes me that it has not been fixed, but I strongly suspect that it hasn't been passed up to anyone who could actually do something constructive. First and second line support staff seem to have a mission in life of preventing users' fault reports getting back to the software writers, because they are far too busy doing something else ... what that could be, I can't imagine!

antient

Highlighted
Willstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 242 of 295

Re: Clocks Forward

This problem isn't solved... I don't think I've experienced such poor technical support....

On the plus side, summer time ends in a few weeks so at least the time should be correct again... (well for another 6 months)

Please BT fix this annoying problem.

0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 243 of 295

@Willstar wrote:

This problem isn't solved... I don't think I've experienced such poor technical support....

On the plus side, summer time ends in a few weeks so at least the time should be correct again... (well for another 6 months)

Please BT fix this annoying problem.

+1

Oh, and please lock this thread. THIS PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 244 of 295

Hi Guys,

We just wanted to give you the latest on where we are with the BST issue. We have an update as part of our next firmware release and the tech guys are working on it at the moment.

Unfortunately they found an issue during testing so they‘re working though a correction before we can roll out. We don’t have a timescale for when this will start, but when we do have more info we will post on the forum to let you know.

Cheers

Sean

nostrilomo
Beginner
Message 245 of 295

Wow, looking back at this thread, the mods first stated this was being looked at on 18-04-2012 (message 74). 6 months! Staggering.

0 Ratings
antient
Aspiring Contributor
Message 246 of 295

I recently upgraded to Infinity 2 from Total Broadband 3, and received a Type 3B hub, post free. Smiley Happy I previously had a type 3A with the "clocks forward" problem.

The Type A stayed on UTC internally, even during the months of BST, as this thread has stated over and over again. However, it did serve the correct time if you configured your operating system (Windows, Mac Os X, Linux etc) to use 192.168.1.254 (the Hub) as your NTP server.

The Type B, software version V100R001C01B031SP12_L_B - last update 21/09/12, displays the local correct time (BST) and uses it internally. Good news!

Now for the bad news. It also serves out BST when used as an NTP server, rather than UTC as the standard requires, with the result that presently all operating systems set their local clocks to one hour AHEAD of BST if the Hub is used as your NTP server.

Own goal BT! Smiley Sad Grrrrr! Smiley Mad

antient

nostrilomo
Beginner
Message 247 of 295

The sad thing about this is that it is all pretty basic stuff.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 248 of 295

Ooh! They've fixed it at last. Smiley Wink

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
kronckew
Aspiring Contributor
Message 249 of 295

don't get your hopes up. the whole country set the clocks back an hour last night to change from BST (british summer time) to GMT (greenwich mean time - or UTC). the homehub stayed the same.

i would bet you a pound that in the spring the bug will resurface when we again set all our clocks, except the home hub, to bst again.

the problem, stated for the umpteenth time, is in the home hub firmware, not the time servers. until they issue an update to the FIRMWARE the problem will NOT be cured. the firmware is still the same as before.

My dog is so lazy, she only chases parked cars
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 250 of 295

@kronckew wrote:

don't get your hopes up. the whole country set the clocks back an hour last night to change from BST (british summer time) to GMT (greenwich mean time - or UTC). the homehub stayed the same.

i would bet you a pound that in the spring the bug will resurface when we again set all our clocks, except the home hub, to bst again.

the problem, stated for the umpteenth time, is in the home hub firmware, not the time servers. until they issue an update to the FIRMWARE the problem will NOT be cured. the firmware is still the same as before.

Don't worry too much.

The Autumn bug is already here.

My Homehub2 type A software version 8.1.H.U, has remained set at BST, and I'm NOT going to reset it.

It took till 1st May to change from GMT to BST.

0 Ratings