cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Marnhullman
Message 1 of 3

Code 553: can't verify email account

I wish to use BTinternet SMTP with a new POP3 account for a domain I have just registered.  I have successfully done this previously with another account.

In order to use BTinternet SMTP it's necessary to verify the account by clicking on the 'verify' button in BTYahoo webmail which should then send an email for confirmation but I do not receive it; actually I don't think it's getting sent.

Anyone had a similar problem and more to the point is there a solution?

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Code 553: can't verify email account

@Marnhullman wrote:

I wish to use BTinternet SMTP with a new POP3 account for a domain I have just registered.  I have successfully done this previously with another account.

In order to use BTinternet SMTP it's necessary to verify the account by clicking on the 'verify' button in BTYahoo webmail which should then send an email for confirmation but I do not receive it; actually I don't think it's getting sent.

Anyone had a similar problem and more to the point is there a solution?

Thanks

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Sometimes it just seems to fail for an unknown reason (unless you are trying to set up admin@ - which always seems to fail). A way that might work is to set up a sub BTinternet mail address and try to verify against that.

0 Ratings
satchmo
Message 3 of 3

Re: Code 553: can't verify email account

Is there any way round this> I have set up six in the past but setting up one now with an admin@ prefix and it says it is blocked. Driving me nuts

0 Ratings