Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LapsedPacifist
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Coming back to BT - question about adapters

Go to solution

Good afternoon all 

Sorry if this has already been answered before... 

We're coming back to BT, I think we have fiber 1 (but am having a difficult time logging into my bt account to check... Every time I do, it redirects me to my email, on the PC it tells me that I've had too many unsuccessful attempts and to try again in 15 mins...) 

My question is this... I have this box as the access point to the phone line etc. 

Previously, I can't remember the setup, other than that we had a white box (bt openreach box) that the line connected to, which then connected with the bt hub. 

This time there is only the hub... I tried connecting an adsl filter to the phone line in the box (see pic) - and both phone and hub to this filter. Phone worked fine, but the hub wouldn't connect to the Internet. 

I then connected the hub directly to the box, everything worked fine. 

My question is this - do I need the filter for the phone line? 

Thank you in advance! 

20200825_134104.jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Coming back to BT - question about adapters

Go to solution

No, the phone outlet is already filtered. The home hub is now connected to the correct point.

LapsedPacifist
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick response! 

Does that mean that the phone line doesn't need a filter either, and I can ignore it? 

Kind Regards 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Correct, you no longer need a filter.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

the rj11 cable which connects to hub looks to be pushed a long way into socket and will be difficult to extract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings