cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Complete Home Wifi Slow with Mac OSX

We have a BT Smart hub 2 with a wifi disc (Complete Home Wifi). When we connect any apple product to the wifi, we get a pitiful link speed of 11 mb/s. Both the BT Smart Hub and Apple products have 802.11 ac wifi so should connect at around 1 Gb/s. We get the same problem on a Macbook Pro and an iMac over Wifi. We previously had a HomeHub 5 and the conncetion was 975 mb/s.

I have spoken to BT three times about this and the last agent told me that BT don't gurarantee the Wifi speed, only that you will get a connection and that 11 mb/s is considered acceptable (100 times slower than Gigagit!) 11 mb/s these days just isn't useable and makes transfering files across the network rediculously slow.

I've tried changing wifi channels and turning off Smart Setup. I've also factory reset the Hub.

Our computeres connect to any other network at full speed and to the old router at full speed but BT refuse to accept that it might be their equipment at fault.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Complete Home Wifi Slow with Mac OSX

Hi mate,

Got a mac myself and I get 163mbits and 46 upload on wifi using the disc. If I use ethernet and switch from the disc I get 230+ download and 48 upload.

Network speed is pretty much 1gbit.

Defo something wrong there.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

@Traynor87 and @cd1986 I'm really sorry to see you're having speed issues with your complete wifi set up, we'd like to raise a case with our Hub team so this issue can be investigated for you. 

I'll send you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Message 4 of 7

Hi @cd1986 thanks for sending in your details. I have contacted our Hub team for help with this, as soon as I have more information I'll get back to you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Hi @cd1986  I'm sorry for this delay in getting back to you. I just wanted to let you know that the team is still on the case and I've chased this up this evening. Once I get more information I'll update you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Hi @cd1986 sorry I missed you when I called there. I'll try you again tomorrow, if you're free at any particular time please text me back and I'll endeavour to call you then 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I have the danger issue with my MacbookPro and Apple TV...oddly my 10 year old MacAir is okay

0 Ratings