cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Complete WiFi (Black) Disc Dropping to 2.4GHz

Mine didn't even last two days after the factory reset and restore, so I've done another reset without the restore. Running out of options now.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Now for the good news, I think.

Today I phoned BT tech support. They have far more control of our discs and hub than is available to us. The techie was very helpful. She found an instruction in the disc setup to prevent the backhaul channel from switching to 2.4Ghz, ie backhaul will now only operate on 5Ghz. Discs still connect devices at either 2.4 or 5Ghz.

Time will tell, but I am quietly optimistic.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Sadly that didn't take long. One of my discs dropped the 5Ghz signal and needed resetting.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Completely different SH2 and Disc. It lasted 5 days before dropping to 2.4 GHz. Still no recognition that this bug exists and a fix is being worked upon. A remote disc reboot would help!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

After the disc has dropped to 2.4 GHz, if you reboot the SH2 via the SH2 Manager the disc does not reconnect!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Just an update.  I thought since we've had two firmware updates on the SH2 since I last tried, I would give it another go.  Most likely coincidence, but the disc has remained connected to the SH2 with a 5GHz connection for well over a day now, which wasn't typical previously.  Thanks.2021-10-29_10-03-32.png

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Nope.  Dropped back to 2.4GHz and not gone back after over a day.  I'm done with BT Devices now I'm sorry to say.  Too many issues.  Thanks.

0 Ratings