cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Complete WiFi and Smart Setup

I'm trying to set up a smart TV with BT Complete WiFi, but the TV will not connect unless wired (it finds the signals and I can enter the password).  We didn't have this issue a week ago when we did not have Compete WiFi and were using an older hub. I believe the problem stems from Smart Setup which I had turned off on the previous hub.

I've tried to navigate to hub settings via the browser and turn off Smart Setup, however the option to do so is not there.

Is there another way to turn off Smart Setup, or another way to help me connect the TV?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Complete WiFi and Smart Setup

The option isn't there if you use a mobile, you need to access the hub manager from a PC/laptop

Message 3 of 6

Thanks. That was helpful.

Sadly the connection problem persists. Any advice?

It's a Bush Smart TV of that helps.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@phillip2murphy wrote:

Thanks. That was helpful.

Sadly the connection problem persists. Any advice?

It's a Bush Smart TV of that helps.

Its probably best to run it wired, as Smart TVs can use quite a lot of bandwidth.

Similar thread with a solution. Another make, but the same problem.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Wifi-issues-with-a-new-Panasonic-smart-tv/m-p/2...

Message 5 of 6

Unfortunately, wired isn't an option with the location of the TV. Thanks for the suggestion though.

It had worked on my previous hub (not more than a week ago), so I'm not sure why this would struggle to connect now.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@phillip2murphy wrote:

Unfortunately, wired isn't an option with the location of the TV. Thanks for the suggestion though.

It had worked on my previous hub (not more than a week ago), so I'm not sure why this would struggle to connect now.

See the solution https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Wifi-issues-with-a-new-Panasonic-smart-tv/m-p/2...

Or go back to using your previous home hub, or connect the TV to the Ethernet port on the disc.

0 Ratings