Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adrian4
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Complete WiFi

Hi,

With Complete WiFi, if I want to extend my broadband down a long corridor, do I pair a second disc with the hub or my first disc? I'm using a lead rather than the app, if that makes a difference.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Complete WiFi

Hi @Adrian4,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

Pairing the second disk without the app works the same way as pairing the first, connect the second disk via Ethernet to the hub.

This is the process to pair them without the app.

1. Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into one of the yellow ports at the back of the Smart 2 Hub
  2. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into the yellow port at the back of the Wi-Fi Disc
  3. The light on the Wi-Fi Disc will start flashing blue. After a couple of minutes, it will turn solid blue
  4. You can now unplug the Ethernet cable. The light flash red and within a few seconds turn solid blue
  5. You can now unplug the disc from the mains and plug it in at your preferred location in your home

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

In a similar vein, is there a cost effective way to extend an existing Complete WiFi setup to include an outbuilding (e.g. garage)?  I already have 3 discs but wondered if there is a compatible plug-in extender.

0 Ratings
Adrian4
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks very much for your help.

Adrian

0 Ratings