cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Complete Wifi means you can't split BT Hub's SSID

I recently purchased a smart home alarm system that only uses 2.4 ghz band, this is very common. However as I also fairly recently upgraded to the Smart Hub 2, which I didn't realise removed the splitting feature, therefore rendering almost all home wireless security systems useless?! I am missing something?, why wasn't this considered? Has this happened to anyone else, and do you know of a solution. I know that I could return to using an older hub, but I shouldn't have to.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Complete Wifi means you can't split BT Hub's SSID

I'm not sure why you think it renders single band systems useless? If the alarm system only uses 2.4Ghz then that is all it will see.

However, some devices for some inexplicable reason do seem to have problem with the 2 bands having the same SSID but are usually overcome by temporarily turning off the 5Ghz signal and once the device has connected at 2.4Ghz, turn the 5Ghz back on.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Complete Wifi means you can't split BT Hub's SSID

Thank you we tried that and it still doesn't work. I have tracked down a dual band security camera, but have been unable to find a smart home alarm system that will work with this hub.  

0 Ratings