Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mispeltyuoth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Confused about my internet connection

Hi All

I hope this is the right place for this query .............

I have a Smart Hub which I connect a number of devices to including a desktop PC via Powerline adapters. Recently, I've noticed that the internet icon in my taskbar is accompanied by a yellow triangle and 'No internet' is displayed below my SSID. Wifi is switched off and, if I go into the network adapter settings and view the connection status, they all say 'no network access'.

Where this is puzzling me is that I am able to access the internet (see below), although, my Office 365 Outlook won't connect nor will my VPN.

Internet (2).png

Please can anyone explain this?

If it's relevant, I'm running an HP EliteDesk 800 G" on W10 Pro.

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Confused about my internet connection

It looks more like an issue with your PC wireless card turning off or going into power save mode, so its worth checking the power settings. I would also check to see if there are any updates to the wifi card drivers, on the HP website.

The pages you can still see, would be those that are stored within the web browser cache.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

from your post I am assuming that problem with no conenction only with pc - or with other devices as well?

if just pc have you tried conencting pc to hub with ethernet cable and missing out powerline adapter to see if that solves the problem?  suggesting maybe problem with powerline adapter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Also check that you have not accidentally turned on the airplane mode via a function key.

Also look at the results you get from a Google search of "hp laptop wifi turns off by itself", there are a few solutions there.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@Keith_Beddoe 

the Hp is a desktop pc connected by powerline hence why wifi switched off - or at least what I read from initial post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

It was the bit " 'No internet' is displayed below my SSID" which implied a wifi connection.

0 Ratings
mispeltyuoth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Sorry about not responding - I've been away for the weekend. I'll try to answer your queries/clarify my OP

1 - what I can see isn't cached - I cleared the browser history before testing/posting

2 - I can't connect directly to the hub (too far away) but, to me, that's not realy the issue; it's that I seem to be able to browse the internet without an obvious connection of any kind!

3 - Flight mode is definitely switched off but again, how is it I can browse the internet

4 - It is a desktop PC but has wifi and ethernet connectivity.

Thanks for your comments, it looks as if I'll have to try HP - which should be educational if past experience is anything to go by!

0 Ratings