cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bridterry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Connect mobile to W10 laptop Phone app

I have a BT Smart Hub 2 that I am trying to use Wi-Fi to connect my Huawei P8 lite 2017 to my Windows 10 Pro Version 2004, OS build 19041.50, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 laptop.

Installation on phone is all set up and Your Phone app on the laptop opens up but has a message “we cannot connect to your phone”. W10 trouble shooting refers to

Many routers have a Wireless isolation feature that allow you to lock down the network. If this Wireless Isolation (or AP Isolation) is enabled, then all devices connected to the Wi-Fi network will be blocked from communicating with other.

To disable Wireless/AP Isolation:

On most routers look for the Wireless > Advanced Wireless Setting, and uncheck/toggle AP Isolation.”

I have opened the Hub wireless settings but cannot find AP Isolation.

Please provide guidance for above or other settings I may need to use phone with laptop

Regards

T J Green

Account No:

GB********

Please copy any reply or provide link to **********@gmail.com

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 11

Re: Connect mobile to W10 laptop Phone app

This is a public forum, you might want to edit your account number and email out

0 Ratings
Bridterry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Thanks. If I do that will I still get a notification in Gmail or must I check-in the forum. Either way how do I edit the posted query?
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 11

You'll still get an email notification.

Your post has been edited so perhaps one of the mods did it for you

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

There is no AP isolation setting onthe SH2.

Try disabling smart setup on the hub
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

Are you sure you are entering the wireless passkey on the phone and not the admin password.

Not entirely sure what you are trying to achieve.

0 Ratings
Bridterry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

W10 has a built in app that enables user to view phone messages, photos etc on a computer. I would find it useful for transferring stuff to / from devices. I noted that turning off the auto feature in BT Hub could have adverse effects for the rest of home WiFi.  I have spent some time getting my existing set-up as I like it and would not want to interfere with it.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 11

Are you referring to the W10 Phone app?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

@Bridterry wrote:

W10 has a built in app that enables user to view phone messages, photos etc on a computer. I would find it useful for transferring stuff to / from devices. I noted that turning off the auto feature in BT Hub could have adverse effects for the rest of home WiFi.  I have spent some time getting my existing set-up as I like it and would not want to interfere with it.

I didn't mention turning off the 'auto feature', I suggested turning off smart setup which is entirely different and a totally useless piece of software that causes untold problems. Your choice.

Bridterry
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

yes
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 11

I think it's a bug with 2004.

Google any  shop or organisation (say Tesco), in the panel on the right hand side of the returns page, either click the Call button (if it's there) or click on the telephone number. Does W10 offer to call that number from your mobile and does the word "Sending" appear in the RHS of the address bar only for nothing to happen?

You may also get an error report something like 'Unable to share number with your device, check that it is connected to the internet'

0 Ratings