cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salomi
Message 1 of 9

Connect wi fi disc

I am trying to connect the si go disc to the smart hub using Ethernet cable but it is solid red. I can’t use the app as there isn’t the option of “my wi fi network” under the more tab. Any ideas? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
NoSignal
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Re: Connect wi fi disc

Hi Salomi,

Do you have latest version of the app?

That option is active in the app when Smart Hub got dispatched.

You can try to connect via WPS button. On side of the hub and back of the disc.

0 Ratings
Salomi
Message 3 of 9

Thank you, yes I have the latest app version. I deleted it and downloaded a few times. Do I need the fiber optics connection for this to work? How does the WPS work? I pressed them both at the same time but the disc eventually went back to solid red after flashing blue

0 Ratings
NoSignal
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

As far I know Complete WiFi is available to all FTTC FTTP users.

Try to reset the Hub and the Disc.

If you don’t see this, I assume the Smart Hub 2 is not linked to your account. Call customer service.

1A911F27-4FA4-46F7-BBBE-0BA19344C425.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi, @Salomi welcome to the community and thanks for posting.  Do you subscribe to the Complete wifi service or is it a Whole Home wifi disc you're trying to connect? Is the disc white or black?

0 Ratings
Salomi
Message 6 of 9

Hi the disc is white

0 Ratings
Salomi
Message 7 of 9

Sorry I meant black 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@Salomi do you pay for the complete wifi subscription? 

The best way to connect your Hub and Wi-Fi discs is to follow the instructions on the My BT app. On the home screen, select More, Your wi-fi network and then Set up new disc. This will guide you through the set-up and suggest the best location for your disc.

Alternatively, follow the steps below to connect using an ethernet cable. There's one in your Hub box.

1. Plug one end of the ethernet cable into a yellow port on the back of the Hub and the other end into the yellow port on the disc
  2. The light on the Wi-Fi disc will start flashing blue and will turn solid blue after a couple of minutes
  3. You can now unplug the cable. The light will change to flashing red, but will go back to solid blue after a few seconds
  4. Unplug the disc from the mains and plug it in at the preferred location

If you're still having problems, use our online troubleshooter

0 Ratings
Salomi
Message 9 of 9

Hi, the option “Your wi fi network” is not available on my app ( I have installed the app again) and using the Ethernet cable I end up getting a solid red light on the disc

0 Ratings