Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RT94
Message 1 of 7

Connected to the wireless, but not to the internet

Go to solution

I recently got a laptop with Windows 8 that up until yesterday worked perfectly, superfast internet and everything.

We have a BT homehub 2 that connects to a PC via an ethernet cable and several other devices that connect to the internet through wireless perfectly.

But yesterday my laptop started wasn't connecting to the internet, although there is no change in connection to the hub and all available networks are displayed as normal.

The apps on my start screen are displaying information from the internet, but when I click on the Internet Explorer app, nothing happens.

Please help!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Connected to the wireless, but not to the internet

Go to solution

If everything else connects, including other wireless devices, it has to be an issue with the laptop.

Does it show that its still connected to your wireless network, and what strength is it showing?

0 Ratings
RT94
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

It shows that it is still connected and it shows full strength connection,

A few times, when I turned the laptop on, it connected straightaway, but didn't display pictures,

Then after a  minute or so, or when I closed the window, I couldn't connect to the internet again.

It just seems something is slowing it down, as it doesn't say 'you cannot connect to this webpage'

Could anytything be intefering with it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Is this a new laptop?

0 Ratings
RT94
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Yes, a Toshiba C850D.. If that helps!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

There are an awful lot of updates to be downloaded for Windows 8, and this will slow the connection down a lot.

Its been reported a few times on this forum recently.

If you leave it connected for a few hours, without doing anything else, it should complete all of the downloads, and things should behave normally.

If you can connect it using an Ethernet cable, it will speed things up considerably.

RT94
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Okay, i'll try that, thanks a lot!

0 Ratings