Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Connecting Edimax BR6478AC V2 as an access point to Smart hub

Hi

I've replaced old hub with new smart hub

I've connected my edimax device (in attic where signal is not so strong) in order to connect devices wirelessly and wired. The connection between the edimax device and the Smarthub is ethernet cable.  

The Edimax configuration is defined as "Access point"

A desktop PC connects to the router successfully by either cable and wireless. The printer can connect either wirelessly or by cable to the router and the desktop can print to it. 

However, whether the printer is connected wirelessly or by cable I cannot find the printer on my MacBook Pro, no matter whether I connect to the Hub or either of the channels on the router. In all cases I have  a successful wireless connection to the internet. I can AirPrint successfully from my iPhone. Its just the MacBook that causes problems. 

I expected to be able to connect the printer by cable to the router and then find that wirelessly from the MacBook as I have been able to in the past. 

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Connecting Edimax BR6478AC V2 as an access point to Smart hub

@telstar-1 

Let`s hope you still have your old hub, as the smart hub 2 can give problems and offers no advantages, unless you intend to use the extra complete wifi black discs.

Why did you change the home hub, if everything was working before?

0 Ratings