cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Connecting Huwaei AX3 WiFi6 routers to BT ONT without the BT HUB2

I was getting poor or no WiFi in some areas of the house which is over 3 floors and zero WiFi on garden and in drive. The whole home WiFi costs additional £8 a month and didn't want that. To remedy this I bought 3 of the WiFi6 routers Huawei AX3. I recently upgraded from ultrafast 2 300mbps package to 900mbps package. After upgrade using BT HUB2 and wired directly into the HUB2 I sometimes for 900mbps down and 100up. But due to coverage issues, removed the HUB2 and connected one of the Huawei AX3 via the WAN port on the router to the ONT on the wall using an Ethernet cable. On my router I have entered the username homehub@btbroadband.com and password as BT but can't get internet access with this set up. What do I need to do to remedy this situation please.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Connecting Huwaei AX3 WiFi6 routers to BT ONT without the BT HUB2

Just replaced the Huawei white Ethernet cable back to the red Ethernet WAN cable issued by BT and suddenly seemed to connect. I thought both the red and yellow Ethernet cables supplied by BT were exactly the same.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Connecting Huwaei AX3 WiFi6 routers to BT ONT without the BT HUB2

Hi, I know it's been a while since you posted this but how much better in terms of range and speeds is the AX3 vs BT Home Hub?

0 Ratings