cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redspelly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Connecting Sky Q mini box

Got my new Smart hub 2 today and having trouble with Sky Q - the mini box is not connecting at all and keeps stating that an IP address cant be found from the router - any help appreciated

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES
Highlighted
warrior
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Connecting Sky Q mini box

I had same problem. After getting main box connected I left it 30 mins and then got the mini box connected using WPS.

warrior
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Forgot to say, I also ensured that I turned off Smart Set Up on the new hub.
Message 4 of 6

Hi @redspelly sorry to hear that you are having a problem with the Smart hub 2 and your Sky Q mini.

We will be happy to look into this issue further for you if you send us over your details. You can do this by clicking on my profile and selecting the contact the mods option.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Paul_31
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

The Sky Mini box doesn’t need to connect to the Smart Hub 2, it should connect to the main Sky Q box (which does need to be connected to the BT network). Assuming the main Q box is connected to the network and turned on, press the WPS button on the front of the main Q box and then press the WPS button on the front of the Q mini box, whilst it too is turned on. The mini should then connect to the main Q box. 

0 Ratings
redspelly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

The problem i had was that the mini box kept failing stating that no IP address could be found - then the hub was starting to struggle finding the smart hub.  I went back the following morning and turned off the smart settings, this has appeared to work but what is puzzling is that the Q box is stating that it is connected to my old hub and not the new one.  So far since i completed the setup on Sunday morning, the connection to both Q & mini box has been stable but its still connected to the old hub!

0 Ratings