cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Connecting a BT Disk via ethernet cable.

Go to solution

Hoping someone can answer this question or give me some advice. We have a home hub plus 4 disks that cover our property. One of the disks fluctuates between blue, orange and occasional red . No matter where I move the disk I get the same colour variations. Heard that if I run an ethernet cable directly from the back of my home hub and plug it into the back of the disk this will solve the problem. Is this correct? And do i need to do anything other than just plug the cable in at both ends? Thanks, Mike. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Connecting a BT Disk via ethernet cable.

Go to solution

If you can connect the disc via an ethernet cable then it will use that for the back haul instead of using the WiFi - this should solve your issue with the disc losing connection to the Hub, and also has the nice side-effect of removing some traffic from the WiFi completely, thereby reducing congestion.

So it should be a positive if you can do it.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply, this is going to sound like a daft question am sure, so i apologise for being a tech numpty. When you say back haul, what do you mean? What I'm trying to achieve by connecting the disk via the ethernst cable is to keep the disk on the blue colour therefore keeping the disk producing a stable WiFi output from it. Hope I'm making sense lol. Thanks, Mike.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

"backhaul" just means the connection between the disc and the hub - apologies for using jargon.

The symptoms you're seeing are indicative of the disc losing connection to the hub - this is much less likely to happen if they're connected by a cable (should only happen if the cable is damaged, in fact).

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Now that makes sense. Thank you!!!
0 Ratings