cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Connecting another router to SmartHub and running both?

Just below three

Screenshot_20210419-202204_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

You could try automatic and get a DHCP address from the hub.

It seems weird that one screen seems to be expecting a PPPoE connection via DSL and requires a username and password whereas another screen seems to show an Ethernet connected WAN

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Yeah I am about give up too. Not sure what's going wrong here.

I tried Automatic IP and making sure DHCP from the hub but still not working. 

Screenshot_20210419-205215_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

I'm out of ideas I'm afraid. Hopefully our resident Asus guru @@TimCurtis will see the thread and come up with some ideas.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

@illusionek 

I'm really not the "guru" they make me out to be actually.

I'm not confident that you can do it but I found this which might help. It is referring to using an Asus router not a dsl modem/router.

If you didn't have the black discs I would have suggested using the Asus as your modem/router but those discs only work with the SH2.

Might it be possible to use the Asus as the main device & connect the SH2 as the secondary router, worth a thought maybe.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Good bit of lateral thinking there. If the Asus is used as the main router, the hub could be connected LAN port to LAN port and just used as an extra wireless access point along with the discs.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Many thanks for your help guys, much appreciated. 

Is there any guide you could share to do Lan to Lan and connect SmartHub to Asus? It sounds like it may be easier thing to do. I know how to configure Asus to get Internet connection but getting lost with Lan to Lan config. As you probably noticed newbie here when it comes to connection of two routers 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

LAN to LAN is much simpler than LAN to WAN. Just give the smart hub an IP address outside of the DHCP range of the Asus and turn off DHCP on the hub. Job done.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

@illusionek 

Not sure my suggestion is actually workable as if the Asus is the main router with VPN then I think ALL deviecs will be routed through it which might not be what you want. Presumably it's for access to ,say, US Netflix or similar.

I'll have bit more of a think about this.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

@TimCurtis 

Thats exactly what I need this for.

I need to find 5min to set it up but I think it should work. I used Asus router as my main router in the past but due to signal issues I had to switch to BT hub with discs. My main concern is whether I will have issues with speed etc if Asus is my main router as ultimately it is a cheap box and I believe BT Hub has much better specs. 

0 Ratings