cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 34

Connecting cctv

Has anyone had issues connecting ip ptz cctv to broadband through smart phone.My phone finds the camera in wfi section but keeps coming up connect without Internet Didn't  have this problem with sky broadband.

0 Ratings
33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34

Re: Connecting cctv

Does your camera have a static  IP address? Your old and new routers could be on different subnets. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 34

Camera is on dhcp

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 34

What happens when you type the IP address of the camera into your browser? If it can’t be seen, try a camera hard reset.

I’d also check with the camera specific forum for your product. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 34

I tried the camera IP address  in the Web browser it comes up with error cannot connect.I have been in chat with amazon tech support but I think they only know the basics.They have offered to return the camera for repair,but I suspect the just needs to be a bit of tweaking with the hub.As it was fine with sky hub.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 34

What IP address are you using? It will be a different address to when it was connected to the Sky router if it is set to obtain an address via DHCP from the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 34

It is the same address both are on DHCP.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 34

What is the actual address, you are not revealing anything by posting it. How do you know the address of the camera, can you see it in the network devices list of the hub?

As far as I'm aware, Sky use the 192.168.0.xxx subnet whereas BT use 192.168.1.xxx subnet, so if it is DHCP it will have picked up a new address in the BT range and won't be using the address it had with Sky.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 34

192.168.1.100 is the ip address  of the camera.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 34

Is it showing in the hub 'My devices' list?

Edit: forgot the basic rule, make sure you have turned off Smart setup on the BT Hub

0 Ratings