cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 34

Re: Connecting cctv

By using the ethernet cable as instructed in the camera manual.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 34

So how is splitting the wifi bands going to help if the camera is connected by Ethernet?

Does the camera appear in the Hub 'My Devices' list?

How do you normally connect to the camera, do you use a web browser or does it need a dedicated app?

Did you factory reset the camera before trying to connect it to the BT hub?

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 34

I connect using my mobile phone.laptop no good I Don't want to carry a laptop around to see what happening  when I am away from home.As I said this camera has to be connected to Internet before setting up wfi.It cannot connect through wfi only it won't  connect. As next she can connect through wfi with connect to Internet through hard wire.The app used is camhi.Yes I did a factory reset.Yes the camera appears in the list as a device but comes up as connect connect.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 34

If you use the app CamHi, then your camera is a P2P (Peer To Peer) camera which communicates via a remote server.

For it to work, the camera need to have a Wi-Fi connection to start with, and this normally involves resetting the camera to factory default which causes it to transmit its own Wi-Fi direct to your phone app. 

That then enables you to configure the camera to match your own home wireless network. A simple quick reset of the camera would then allow it to connect to your own Wi-Fi, and the home hub.

That allows the camera to establish a link to direct to your phone, if you are at home, or via the remote server if you are away from home.

I have a number of ieGeek cameras that operate this way, however I disabled P2P, and simply use RTSP direct to my home server running Blue Iris.

The ieGeek ones also have an Ethernet port, which allows easier configuration using a PC, which saves a lot of messing around.

0 Ratings