cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rcrowhurst
Message 1 of 6

Connecting network printer to Home Hub 3

I am aware there are many similar posts to this, but none of them seem to have answers! Smiley Frustrated

I have just switched to BT Broadband with a Home Hub 3. Everything has connected fine, either wirelessly or via cable (a Siemens VoIP phone and Vodafone SureSignal) EXCEPT the network printer.

We have used an OKI 3200n for years, with a couple of different routers (Netgeat and Belkin) without problems. However, the router will just not see it. I have tried changing the IP address and both fixed manual and automatic IP addresses on the printer without success.

If anoyone could suggest IP / MAC settings which would allow the Home Hub 3 to see it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

R

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Connecting network printer to Home Hub 3

Try uninstalling the printer and then set it up as though it was a new printer following the setup procedure to the letter.

0 Ratings
rcrowhurst
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the suggestion. Managed to get the printer to rescan the network and configure itself. After that, the hub saw it and it installed straight away when added via Windows.

Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Ratings
rcrowhurst
Message 4 of 6

The problem wasn't installing the printer (I had uninstalled it), it was getting the hub to even see it as a device on the network...

0 Ratings
rcrowhurst
Message 5 of 6

Although this is marked as solved, I haven't fixed it. For some reason, whenever everything is turned off (I have my laptop, the router and printer on the same remote controlled socket), e.g. at night, when it all starts up again the printer has changed it's TCP/IP address.

This is despite setting it to Manual TCP/IP address setting in the printer menu (just for good measure, it resets this as well!).

As I never had this problem with my old Belkin Router, I can only think it's something to do with the HH3, although I have specified it to use the same IP address for the printer whenever connected.

I've tried using OKI admin software to change the printer settings, which hasn't worked, as well as re-installing and every conceivable combination of turning SNMP on and off in both Windows and the Printer.

Any help would be gratefully received! I can't keep reinstalling my printer every time I turn the computer on!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Try leaving the Homehub on 24/7. It will use very little electricity.

0 Ratings