cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SonOfSanta
Message 1 of 8

Connecting to Google sites

Go to solution

For the last 5 days now I have been unable to connect to the google play store, g.mail or google related web sites using any wireless device in my home. The devices are android and the problem seems to only exist in my home. I can connect to all the sites using open neyworks outside my home. I can also connect to the sites inside my home using 3G. I have 3 seperate android devices and the problem occurred with all 3 at the same time. A Samsung Galaxy S2, htc One & Nexus 7. Others coming into my home with another S2 and an S4 could also not access gmail, play store or google search. 

BT support tell me that this is not a problem with my home hub 3 but a problem with the devices. They can't tell me what the problem might be and I can't understand their logic. 

Anyone any thoughts?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Connecting to Google sites

Go to solution
Hey,
I too have been having errors with google related devices, such as chromecast. I've called up google and they say that it could be a temporary server error. They've also told me to try to reboot the HomeHub and the devices affected.

Hope this helps 😉
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Gerry_Atrick
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks gg30340

Folk may also be interested to know that BT have apparently "located a fault with the Openreach system in Northern Ireland." that has been causing similar problems.;    see thread at https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Serious-upload-issues-after-area-fault-Lisb...    - sorry I do not know how to provide a link to the specific message in the thread which has the information quoted above.

Gerry

0 Ratings
JayeL1971
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I have the same problem, this is the post I created about it:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/Cannot-connect-to-Wifi-with-mobile-phones/m-p/12...

So are all the other users  who have reported this problem in NI or is it more widespread? I'm in Lisburn.

0 Ratings
Gerry_Atrick
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Delighted to report service back to normal this morning.  Upload speed restored, and can connect to Google Play store, my Kindle etc etc.  Thanks to BT Engineers who do the hard work.  Pity about the appallingly bad BT Customer Service.

Gerry

0 Ratings
Gerry_Atrick
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Just to say that although things appear to be working fine at the moment,  the  online BT Service checker still shows that i have an "open fault on my broadband" on my line since 17 May.   Not sure what that means but it does sound a bit ominous.

Gerry

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

If it was in relation to this fault phone BT and ask them to close it. They are not always prompt at doing that.

0 Ratings