Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mouse71
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Connecting to a Heating Thermostat

Go to solution

Can anyone help please! I have a Beok heating thermostat controller.  I have a BTHUB6 and can not connect to it via the app on my phone.  I know the controller works as its been tested in a friends house and connects straight away (they don't have a BT router)  The only advice from the manufacturers is that you need to connect via 2.4Ghz not 5.  So I have been into the Hub manager and seperated the bands, renamed them and just connected on the 2.4GHz but still not joy!

Any suggestions greatly appreicate!

Many thanks

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Connecting to a Heating Thermostat

Go to solution

Make sure you have switched off "smart set up" on the hub.

See link

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-h...

0 Ratings
Mouse71
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
Oh thanks. Will give that ago now! I'll let you know if it solves the issue, fingers crossed!
0 Ratings
Mouse71
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution
Oh I was so hopeful after your suggestion.......but still won't connect 😞 thanks anyway
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

You could try this which might help if there is some sort of configuration problem.

Carry out ONE factory reset of the hub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. 

Once it re-starts, split the bands and turn off smart set up gain.

0 Ratings
Mouse71
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution
Thank you.....just tried that and still no joy!
Also tried changing the firewall settings but that didn't make any difference either....thanks again for your suggestions
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

I don't have this product so I am working in the blind but just to check a few things. 

When you have the thermostat connected up does it show the wifi symbol on the screen?

When you use the phone app are you able to "see" your Smarthub SSid (name)?

If you can see the hub's SSid are you entering the wireless passkey found on the hub's label, not the admin password?

Is this video, which would appear to be for a Beok thermostat any help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPK9UyFE3v4

0 Ratings
Mouse71
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
Yes the app sees the smarthub ssid and I'm entering the correct passkey.....I then follow the set up procedure with the thermostat, press connect on the app and it just times itself out trying to connect.
This is the one I have...
http://www.beok-controls.com/pro_view.asp?id=62
Please don't waste any more time on this, I've spent so long now I'd hate you to waste anymore time! Its so annoying as we have hard wired it for now so plug it in at friends as I'd mentioned and do exactly the same and it connects straight away!!!
0 Ratings
Mouse71
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AxSmudzhe8

this is the set up.....I do everything as shown, and as I say enter the password for the wifi and then just won't connect. This is just for your info, not expecting a reply but thanks again for your time, really is appreciated
0 Ratings
Squirrelnut
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution
I'm in the same boat.
I've done exactly as you have but it won't connect. I also have a bt powerline on the same network that it connects to ok, but it's no use as the WiFi signal from that will be out of range.
Did you get it to work in the end?
0 Ratings