Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Connection cut when uploading

Go to solution

Hi,

I've noticed an issue happening with my computer ever since I recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU. This problem did not happen before my upgrade.

I upload and share materials regularly with my line of work online. I frequently use dropbox and Google Drive as a source of archive and sharing. I also stream to YouTube regularly and never had any hitches.

In the last two days since upgrading my computer I have noticed a drastic issue in then when I attempt to upload my files/materials or stream, my connection throttles both in upload and download speed. I am no longer able to stream and uploading materials to dropbox now takes substantially longer than before.

I am using the BT HH6 through TP powerlines. This issue has only rised up literally within the last 2/3 days. I have called BT who stated that they cannot guarentee the upload speed but only the download. I am willing to try anything and everything at this point.

Hoping for any advice or suggestions to help bring this to a resolve, thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Connection cut when uploading

Go to solution

@SwiftBy 

Try it without the TP Link powerline adapters, as they can interfere with broadband.

TP Link ones seem to be a major source of problems. See the following threads on the forum.

My Powerline adapters slow down when downstream sync is high!

BT Infinity VDSL worse performance than ADSL

However there is a fix for the TP Link ones which was posted by davejanney, one of our forum members. Thank you.
You need to download this utility TP Link utility

Once you have it open go to the ADVANCED settings for the adaptor that is connected to the router. on the left hand side of the menu is MODE.
Within the mode settings there is an option to LOWER PLC-TO-VDSL INTERFERANCE MODE.

Now it warned me i would see a drop in speed however the change was instant! the speed on Speedtest.net doubled when running through the adaptors, and it is rock solid stable. i downloaded a 1Gb file with any connection drops, before it would have dropped out every 30sec.

See this post on the Plusnet forum Powerline Ethernet - A warning

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

If this has only started after your upgrade it would appear that that would be the place to start to look for the problem rather than a connection problem.

When you upgraded the motherboard and CPU did you make sure that the drivers for the network card were updated to the latest ones. It is best to use the manufacturers website rather than Windows drivers. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Unbelievable. This solution helped! It's fixed.

I just installed the TP LINK utility and it works. I didn't have to reset anything, turn off any device or even update firmware (which was rejected anyway).

Thanks so much, Keith. You've saved me a lot of headaches~!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Excellent 😀

As you increase the speed, the powerline adapters use a wider frequency bandwidth. These higher frequencies interfere with the frequencies used by VDSL, especially the main upload frequency bands which are at the top end of the spectrum.

0 Ratings