Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 14

Re: Connection drops during uploads

Go to solution

That sounds promising.

Is Docker Push likely to be something that other people are going to be using, as I have not heard of it?

I often add information to my website, if its likely someone might find it helpful. Its quite difficult to find stuff on the forum search.

I either link to the forum post, or copy the info onto a separate page.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution
Thanks a million Keith.

As a temp solution I am running NetLimiter on my laptop, but I am going to replace my BT Home Hub 5 with a new router now Xmas is around the corner.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

I don't think normal users would Keith.

As it happens, I work in the field of cloud computing, and most of my time I work remotely - Most members of my team do these days, and certainly people who work in the field do too.

Container technology like Docker has been around for a while.

Anybody working with similar tech (software engineers, testers, devops, infrastructure teams etc) will find themselves in a situation where they (or their continuous integration tools) will be pushing software images to the cloud.

If like me they are working remotely, and they are prototyping a solution, they might end up finding their router crashing when pushing images to the cloud, and spending a couple of hours trying to work out where it all went wrong.

Percentage of people in a similar situation ... who knows, less than 0.01%? - but if my post can help a soul, my purpose is fulfilled. 

Take care,

C.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Chris,

Thanks for that information,

I will just put a link to this thread in my bookmarks, in case anyone else asks about it.

Keith

0 Ratings