cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Connection drops when plant room door is closed

Dear All,

I have a BT smart hub 2 in the plant room of my house.  The master socket has been attached on the wall adjacent to the plant room door (30-40cm from the door architrave at head height). Now, everytime the door closes (with a little bit of force) the router resets itself and I loose connection for 5 minutes. Not the end of the world by any means but I was wondering if there is anything I could do to prevent this from happening.

The actual router is located on a shelf in the same plant room. Could it be that when the door closes, the wires in the master socket are disturbed? Apologies if there's an obvious answer but I'm a complete newbie when it comes to these things!

Thank you

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Connection drops when plant room door is closed

I would check the master socket to make sure fixed correctly especially if one of the newer masters where face plate clips on and not screwed.  if that appears solid connection I would then check the wiring by taking off faceplate and make sure there are no lose wires

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Connection drops when plant room door is closed

0 Ratings