cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chimp_spanner
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Connection fine (ish) for first month or so, now several disconnections per day

Hi there. I'm on BT infinity; just moved into a new place and had a new line set up, so everything is, well, new.

Connection was mostly fine, although started noticing disconnections coinciding with incoming calls and the line was super crackly/noisy. Spoke to an advisor and they said there was no line fault but "something" was up on BT's end and it'd be fixed in 24 hours. Well, the last 48hrs have been terrible. I'd say we've had at least a dozen today alone. I looked in the event log and saw something about TR69 connections being closed, and I see a few other people have experienced this also, although I have no idea what it means.

We work from home here, and it's making it impossible to do anything as every time I disconnect my connection to the work server is terminated.

got an engineer phong tomorrow but meantime anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Connection fine (ish) for first month or so, now several disconnections per day

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call

the TR69 messages are the hub attempting connection with the hub update server and nothing to be worried about
0 Ratings