cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Readybec
Message 1 of 2

Connection slow and intermittent fibre

Hi all,
I am getting extremely tired of having these connection issues. I have phoned up bt numerous times and only once I was told they could see that the Internet was being intermittent as also the phone line was extremely quiet. They told me that they would change some settings on our account, they changed the settings but it hasnt made any difference. I am now being told there is no issues on the line when they run the tests. I have connnected via wired connection and I am getting around 70meg when I run the speed test advised by bt. This is the speed they are advising we should be getting. However when using devices on the Internet it feels so much slower than this, we are experience extreme lag when gaming online, also cannot load webpages or short videos on iPad. Last night even tried to watch an on demand episode it took well over 1hr to download 2gb. We are using bt home hub 5. Does anyone have any tips? I am getting to the end of my tether with this!,
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Connection slow and intermittent fibre

If you are getting the correct speed when connected by wire the problem must be a wireless one.

Make sure that you have turned off "smart set up" on the Homrhub. It can cause problems with some devices. See link how to do that

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

You could also try giving the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz frequencies different SSids. Just add a 5 to the end of the 5Ghz SSid so you know which is which. Check the 5 GHz Sync with 2.4 GHz: is set to NO.

Once you have done that "forget" the connection on your devices and then restart the device and log onto both SSids. The device should then automatically switch to the strongest signal.

See this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/~/i-have-problems-connecting-5ghz-and-dual-band...

0 Ratings