cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robbieship
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Connectivity Issue

Until recently I used to have a HomeHub3, but have changed to be using a HomeHub5.  

I have 3 laptops, oone runs Windows Vista, one runs Windows 7 and the other run windows 8.1 l.  The Windows 7 and 8.1 laptops work fine with the HomeHub 5, however for the Windows Vista laptop it is asking me to install driver software which I did not have to install with the Homehub3.  

I have tried connecting the Homehub 3 to the HomeHub5, with the Homehub5 working at the parent hub but cannot get the homehub3 working and I do not want to be installing driver software on my Windows Vista laptop, so how can I get round this issue please? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Connectivity Issue

with the different hub chipset you may need to update the driver for your wireless card

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
MrDJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

ive got 2 laptops, one vista and one 7 and never had to update any software for the vista on either cable or wifi.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

other posters have found they need to update drivers and should check the wireless card manufacturers website not windows update which usually lags behind

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

What's the problem with installing updated drivers? If it is needed to get the wireless card to work I don't see a way around it other than to keep using the HH3 or to get a wireless dongle for the Vista laptop.

0 Ratings