cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Constant Ping/latency spikes and jitter, need help

Hi, I need help to figure out what is wrong with my bt internet connection.

3 days ago it started to become a really inconsistent connection with constant high fluctuations of ping every 3 seconds or so. 

I ran a speedtest on the bt wholesale broadband performace test link and it returned a 61 Mbps result, and the other speedtests i run give results around 56, but speed is not the issue. 

I have attached home hub info and a graph from a ping test website i found, If you need any more info please let me know. 

bt1.PNGping1.PNG

Thanks for your time, 

Joanne

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Constant Ping/latency spikes and jitter, need help

your connection time is only 1hr was that due to router dropping connection or manual reset?

can you check for line noise by dialling 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

That was due to a manual reset as a laptop was struggling to connect. 

Unfortunately i don't have a house phone available to test that, its not something that we ever use, but i could see if we could borrow one from a friend to do the test if its required.

Thanks for your quick reply 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Have not been able to find someone with a housephone to test yet,  but connection quality feels like its got worse throughout the day. added speedtest screenshot to show speed has got much worse. 

Have been in property for 2 years and it has always been a stable 55 down 10 up. 

Is there any other information i can give you that could help identify the problem? please. 

still working on trying to get a phone to test the line.

slow.PNGping2.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@imjolly so i just got a phone to test the line. I dialed 17070 and after around 15 seconds it said the number you have dialed has not been recognised. What should i do now?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

After reading another thread i decided to try and ring a family member through the landline, and i get the same message of the number not being recognised after around 10-15 seconds, the phone has a dial tone and seems to be connected but can not make any calls.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Have you tried phoning you home number using a mobile and see if you get connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings