cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craigecc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 23

Re: Constant drop in connection

Over a week and not one bit of help. Absolutely shocking. Because of our constant disconnections our speed is now at 17 down, not acceptable at all. I expect better from a huge company.

Anyone?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 23

Re: Constant drop in connection

Are you using the test socket with a filter to eliminate your internal wiring causing problems and also your faceplate

can you post current hub stats 

this is a customer help customer forum as it says at outset and I like you am a customer just like you.  people will post if and when they want or not at all. There is no point in posting if they do not think they can help

your post does not go to BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Craigecc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 23

Re: Constant drop in connectioin

I posted my stats when last asked (page 1), unable to currently post again as I'm at work.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 23

I saw your previous stats but looking for up to date stats if your connection is dropping as often as you say

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Craigecc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Will post them in the next 1.5 hours
0 Ratings
Craigecc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 23

Product name: BT Home Hub
2. Serial number: +068343+NQ40316961
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.236.1.2 (Type A) Last updated 30/06/17
4. Board version: BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime: 0 days, 11:06:58
6. Data rate: 19258 / 65687
7. Maximum data rate: 19258 / 78520
8. Noise margin: 6.0 / 6.0
9. Line attenuation: 12.6 / 11.2
10. Signal attenuation: 12.5 / 11.2
11. Data sent/received: 70.9 MB / 918.2 MB
12. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi: Yes
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-Z8ZW
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 300 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: 13
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-Z8ZW5ghz
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address: 34:8a:ae:93:45:98
24. Modulation: G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant: AA
26. Boot loader: 1.0.0
0 Ratings
Craigecc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 23

I connected to the test socket last night, after 15/20 minutes I did a speed test and it came back at 60 down. Went to bed, woke up, 12 hour shift, come home and did another test, back down to 17 down
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 23

So connecting to test socket significantly increased your connection speed and also increased attainable suggesting there is a problem with internal wiring or faceplate 

sorry if speed dropped can you repost the stats to see what has happened. Is the 17mb you posted a connection speed or a download speed?

0 Ratings
Craigecc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 23

17 download speed.

It did seem to be at a higher speed last night but as the stats display there was a disconnection around 12 hours ago. (still plugged into the test socket

Thanks for any help
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 23

If download speed can you post current stats from hub. If still same as last posted set then line faster and more stable so now download problem not connection problem. Was download test done using Ethernet connected directly to hub?

0 Ratings