This is initially going to sound a bit crazy but lets see what you think... and my reason for wondering is that I know web pages often pull info from various sources to make the whole page and experience we the user see work seamlessly. So could a service needed be inaccessible on the BT network? That is my thinking. (and I'm remembering the 'Chess' thread on this forum from a few weeks ago that turned out to be a weird network issue).
So... I've recently encountered an issue with the Microsoft web based Outlook.Live email in that the spell checker doesn't work when set to UK language and when viewed with Edge browser. Those are three prerequisites:
You must be using Edge browser to use Outlook and Outlook.Live must be set to UK language for the spell check. Other browsers and the Email App in W10 work.
There is a detailed thread and images here that fully explain the issue:
Long long story cut short.
1/ It works for others.
2/ A clean install of W10 proves it is not something corrupt or a 'one off' with a specific install.
3/ Edge Dev, the Microsoft pre release versions are the same (for me).
4/ A Windows 8.1 PC with Edge Dev installed is also the same (for me).
The only common factor at this point, and given that others say it works OK for them is my internet connection.
So the big question is whether the spell checker works for other BT customers or not.
Thanks for reading and I know its a very weird one. It is a case of elimination now.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I have moved you to this thread as the one you were moved onto is in regards to the BT email system and this thread is about a different email system and your suspicions regarding that it could be a BT network fault.
Just updating this thread...
Today and all is working correctly. No change have been made at this end on any PC, however my Hub 6 has done one of its infamous restarts just 2 days ago (no one at BT knows why the latest firmware is programmed to do this) and when I try today it is all working.
I don't use BT's own DNS servers as they have proved unreliable in the past and currently use Cloudflare, however for troubleshooting this I did switch to BT and Google DNS as a check.
So a bit of a mystery but I can only conclude it to have been a BT issue at this stage, perhaps very very local since no one else could replicate the issue.