Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Farida
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Current BT HomeHub 5 (Type B) firmware?

Hello,

I have a BT HomeHub 5 Type B and a few months ago, the firmware updated to v0.07.05.0A13-BT which caused the WiFi on my router to completely mess up. The speeds are slow and it's very intermittent so it's fast only sometimes. I am pretty sure it was due to the update. I am wondering if there is a newer firmware version? I realise that I'll have to wait for the update but if there isn't then I'm considering getting a new router. I have a Type A Hub 5 too but that caused me a lot of WiFi issues (not sure if that has been fixed) and yes I fiddled around with the channels etc.  

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Current BT HomeHub 5 (Type B) firmware?

that is the current firmware you have
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Farida
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Okay, I switched my 2.4GHz channel to 13 and I'm getting the correct speeds constantly. Any idea as to why the 5GHz is still extremely slow even with very good range?
0 Ratings
Farida
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

It's fine... Finally getting 35Mbps down and 10Mbps up on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz. What kinda devices won't be able to use channel 13?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

it's some routers don't do channel 13 not devices hence why sugegsted as may cut channel congestion

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings