cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigMick
Message 1 of 6

DHCP Reconfig problem

Hi,

I have a BT home hub 1.5 and I'd like to reconfigure the DHCP range. I used to be able to turn off DHCP and edit the range, however I now note that I can no longer do this. The DHCP is permanently enabled.

I'm using a BT home hub 1.5 with firmware release 6.2.6.H.

If its not possible to tweak this, I have a more up-to-date home hub given to me by someone who no longer uses the service. How easy is it to change over to a new HH, and will this allow me to edit my DHCP range?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: DHCP Reconfig problem

You can change the home hub by simply plugging it in place of the existing one, provided you do not use the hub phones or Broadband Talk.

You can change the DHCP range of your existing home hub by following the instructions on this link.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9011/~/how-do-i-change-the-dhcp-settings-of-the-bt-ho...

0 Ratings
BigMick
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I've already tried that (in fact, that's what I used to do) however it no longer seems to work. There's no checkbox to disable the DHCP service any more, it just says "enabled" and no option to disable it.

I'll try just swapping over the home hubs, and see if that helps.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Try resetting the home hub to factory default, and see if it helps.

0 Ratings
BigMick
Message 5 of 6

Hi Keith,

I've already tried that, and I've had a look through those links already. Thanks for the info, though. 

I seem to remember when the upgrade to the latest firmware came through, that this was mentioned, however I can't find any note about it online.

Its not a big deal, I just thought I'd ask here in case anyone else had heard anything about it.

Thanks again, its much appreciated.

Regards,

Michael.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Its odd, as I did not think that there had been any recent firmware updates to the old home hubs.

Sorry I cannot suggest anything else, I assume that you are going to use a home hub 3 instead.

0 Ratings