cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 21 of 56

Re: DNS Problem/Message stopping Kindle Fire 8 - Thought it was solved but problem back again

Go to solution

The replacement kindle fire hd 10 has arrived and it works fine at the moment. It has loads of updates to do so won't be able to tell if all is well until it has finished the last one - the one we think caused the DNS message problem on kindle fire hd 8. Will post back when updates are complete.

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 22 of 56

Re: DNS Problem/Message stopping Kindle Fire 8 - Thought it was solved but problem back again

Go to solution

Bad news! This DNS message problem has not been solved! The Kindle fire replacement updated itself over night to the newest version and now, again, I cannot access the Silk Browser without getting a full page BT block message saying I am not connected to BT Servers. I just don't know what to do now. I cannot delete Parental Controls because I need them. Must be happening to all kindle fire and BT internet customers surely somebody has to fix this. If it's that Alexa App that's doing it that self installed on the last update, It's impossible to remove it.

0 Ratings
Graham2015
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 56

Go to solution

Sorry about theongoing problem.

Have you tried turning BT Parental Controls Off - Leaving it for 2 hours - then turning them on again?

Just a thought - but it might work.

Otherwise Amazon will have to provide an improved update!!

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 24 of 56

Go to solution

Thanks, will give it a try. Turned the off for an hour but will try turning the off overnight. The thing is the 10" kindle replacement really is too cumbersome, I haven't returned the 8" kindle yet and would rather keep that one and wait for Amazon to sort ou a fix. Guess I need to try and contact them and sort out a return for the 10" kindle. Why does everything have to be so complicated. Seem to be tying my self up in knots with this! Have dug out my ancient slower 7" kindle fire and using that at the moment.

0 Ratings
Graham2015
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 56

Go to solution

As I had my BT Parental Control turned off, I have just put it back on again.

Can take two hours to turn back on - so will let you know what happens!!

I am hoping that the BT DNS Server when it re-boots , it will take into account the new Amazon update.

In a few months time Alexa will be added to UK Fire HD Tablets - but can be turned off.

That will be on another update!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 56

Go to solution

Just a thought, why not connect to BT wifi with fon, that should be independant of parental controls. Not ideal, but a workaround.

Graham2015
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 56

Go to solution

BT Parental Controls on for one hour - the problem with my Fire HD 8 returned.

So will have to hope for a Fire OS update.

BT or Amazon do not have any idea what to do!!

BT Parental Controls now turned off - my Fire HD 8 working OK.

The problem has certainly been caused by the Fire OS update 5.3.2.0 which forces the use of a non BT DNS Server - The BT DNS Server does not like this, so hence the problems we are getting with connecting.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 28 of 56

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

Just a thought, why not connect to BT wifi with fon, that should be independant of parental controls. Not ideal, but a workaround.

Hi Licquorice, thanks I hadn't thought of that.  If we have that enabled then I will try.

Ive sent Amazon a long email detailing the whole saga and the number of the kindle update that is causing the problem. OS 5.3.2.0, and said that I don't want their replacement monster sized kindle. See what happens.

0 Ratings
Graham2015
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 56

Go to solution

A very good idea from Licquorice, and is worth trying.

Will be very interested when you get a reply from Amazon, and what they have to say.

Best regards,  Graham.

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 30 of 56

Go to solution

@Graham2015 wrote:

A very good idea from Licquorice, and is worth trying.

Will be very interested when you get a reply from Amazon, and what they have to say.

Best regards,  Graham.

I had an email to say that they have referred the whole problem to their tech people to investigate and they would get back to me within 2 business days. I will post back on here with their reply. I'm not returning anything until they do. 

0 Ratings