Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LB1
Beginner
Message 31 of 56

Re: DNS Problem/Message stopping Kindle Fire 8

Go to solution
Hi there, same problems here, all morning on the phone amazon, bt, amazon...... At last some who had a bit of an idea!! Try the new updates I had 8....all seems to b working for now!!
0 Ratings
LB1
Beginner
Message 32 of 56

Re: DNS Problem/Message stopping Kindle Fire 8

Go to solution
Hi, same problem, I've spent all morning on the phone, amazon,bt, amazon....etc!! Im also now using a replaced kindle, At last someone with a bit of an idea! 8 updates now available so try that in device options, then switch off, then back on again and all seems to b working well for now.....
0 Ratings
Graham2015
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 56

Re: DNS Problem/Message stopping Kindle Fire 8 - Thought it was solved but problem back again

Go to solution

I have just turned on BT Parental Controls and BT Web Protect.

I have changed my BT Wifi to BT Wifi Fon on my Fire HD Tablet, as suggested earlier.

Will let you know if it works.

0 Ratings
Graham2015
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 56

Re: DNS Problem/Message stopping Kindle Fire 8 - Thought it was solved but problem back again

Go to solution

Hi,

Have you tried the BT Wifi-with-FON.

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 35 of 56

Go to solution

We haven't got BT wifi with fon and my husband doesn't want to use it because he doesn't like the idea of anybody being able to use our wifi. Did it work for you? Some system updates have appeared on kindle 8 this morning so setting those of to see if it sorts out the problem. Have cleared the fire 10 and put it back in its box. Will keep posting when I know more.

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 36 of 56

Go to solution

@Graham2015 wrote:

Hi,

Have you tried the BT Wifi-with-FON.

So far ok with the new system updates installed on the fire 8. Early days though!

0 Ratings
Graham2015
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 56

Go to solution

So far no problems using BT wifi-with-fon, and I have got Parental Controls and BT Web Protect fully on.

Looks as if Liquorice was spot on.

I have always been registered with BT Wifi-with-FON, and have never experienced any problems, as any users have to be in range of your router - which is not very far.

Thanks for the info.

Will look forward to your next posts.

0 Ratings
Graham2015
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 56

Go to solution

Hi Liquorice,

Have tried your suggestion using BT Wifi-with-Fon, with my Fire HD 8 Tablet, and looks as if it is working OK,

even with BT Parental Controls and BT Web Protect on my BT 5 Hub active for normal use.

A great workaround.

Thanks very much.

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 39 of 56

Go to solution

Installing the system updates hasn't worked. Ok for about an hour but now the BT DNS incorrect server message has come back to stop the silk browser. I guess wifi fon is the only way around the problem at the moment. 🙁

0 Ratings
Graham2015
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 56

Go to solution
Hi,
So far still no problems.
The wifi-with-fon is a good workaround.
Hopefully Amazon will eventually fix the dreaded incorrect server
message.
0 Ratings