Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LB1
Beginner
Message 41 of 56

Re: DNS Problem/Message stopping Kindle Fire 8

Go to solution
Same here, worked for a short time, but now back to square one.... Amazon have "raised a ticket" and IT dept investigating! They will ring me back again with a solution. BT with fon doesn't work for me.... This has saved me a fortune as unable to participate in black Friday !!!
0 Ratings
ultrageoff
Beginner
Message 42 of 56

Re: DNS Problem/Message stopping Kindle Fire 8 - Thought it was solved but problem back again

Go to solution

A solution that works until Amazon and/or BT sort the underlying issue is to go the Apps store and download the free Opera web browser. It works fine as a replacement for Silk, which is currently, it seems, unusable if you're with BT.

Poppy7
Contributor
Message 43 of 56

Re: DNS Problem/Message stopping Kindle Fire 8 - Thought it was solved but problem back again

Go to solution

@ultrageoff wrote:

A solution that works until Amazon and/or BT sort the underlying issue is to go the Apps store and download the free Opera web browser. It works fine as a replacement for Silk, which is currently, it seems, unusable if you're with BT.

Thank you, have downloaded Opera browser and all ok at the moment. Seems like there are a few of us now waiting for answers from Amazon. Will post back with news when they come back to me or things change.

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 44 of 56

Go to solution

The Opera Browser is working fine, good alternative to the malfunctioning Silk.

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 45 of 56

Go to solution

Amazon have agreed that I can return the monster sized 10" replacement kindle and keep my original 8" kindle and I've explained that I'm using Opera browser from the kindle's App Store to get around the problems.

Have had no answer and no phone call to admit that their last update is causing problems with the kindle's Silk browser and BT Parental Conrols.

Has anybody else had a response on this from Amazon?

Thank You.

0 Ratings
RobAl
Message 46 of 56

Go to solution

I've had the same problem.  I even bought a new Fire tablet to see if that solved the problem.  It didn't.  I downloaded Opera onto my old Fire from App Store without any bother but now I can't do that on my new tablet.  App Store seems to have blocked Opera download.  

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 47 of 56

Go to solution

Did you tell Amazon about the problem? Nobody has come back to me despite their promises so I don't know if they are working on the problem or not. Amazon are good at refunding if you are unhappy with a product. Luckily I have the Opera Browser. Very odd if they've stopped it on the App Store. Maybe the BT Wifi Fon would be a temporary work around for you.

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 48 of 56

Go to solution

Has anyone had a response from Amazon on this problem?

0 Ratings
Graham2015
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 56

Go to solution

Hi,

Has the new update Fire OS 5.3.2.1 solved your problem??

Regards, Graham.

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 50 of 56

Go to solution

@Graham2015 wrote:

Hi,

Has the new update Fire OS 5.3.2.1 solved your problem??

Regards, Graham.

I've been using the Opera browser but will check this evening to see if there is any change. Are you now able to use the Silk browser? 

I'm a bit fed up with Amazon customer services and have given up chasing them on the issue. Every time I speak to them they email to ask if the problem was solved and when I click No they call back. Could go on all day! Although they are probably better than BT and much quicker to replace and refund anything.

0 Ratings