Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HenrySimmons
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

DNS issue

Hi All,

I have a consistent problem that has been affecting me on multiple devices over the last few weeks. 

At random intervals my internet access drops out, however I remain connected to my router. On attempting to load a webpage in chrome i am met with the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET prompt.

Sometimes the network diagnostics fixes the issue however it always comes back.

I have tried the following to fix the issue:

Resetting router

Configuring to connect to Google DNS

Update wireless driver - including uninstalling and reinstalling

Ran the following in command prompt:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /all

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip set dns

netsh Winsock reset

Sometimes these fix the issue however it always comes back and is driving me insane!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
eosimi
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: DNS issue

I have the same issue. We have 2 mobile phones, 1 laptop and 1 desktop PC. all worked since the past few weeks. Yesterday the BT hub stopped working, and the customer service sent us a new one. I set it up, running perfectly, BUT...

i have strong connections on the 2 mobile phones, and on the laptop, but not on the desktop pc. i have connected to the wifi, but no internet, and i keep getting the same DNS PROBE NO INTERNET message like you.

reinstalled windows. reinstalled the wireless drivers, updated them to the latest one. i tried all solutions mentioned on the first 3 pages of google 🙂
but still not working. all 3 devices are fine, but the desktop PC.

i tried the wireless adapter on the desktop by connecting it to the mobile hotspot (shared internet from both phones), it worked, i got strong signals, download and upload worked perfectly, but when i switch back to the freshly set up bt hub wifi network, still nothing :(((

i tried to login to the bt hub manager, turned off bt smart setup as well, but nothing happened 😕

0 Ratings
HenrySimmons
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Very strange! I was thinking it was a windows issue as it only seems to be happening on my windows devices. However nothing seems to fix it.

I have also noticed new issues with lower download speeds and more packet loss however don’t know if it’s related to the DNS issue or just coincidence.

0 Ratings
eosimi
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

No idea what could cause this 😞 really frustrating, every other device works but this one. I tried everything, the dns flush, ip reset, set the hub to only 5 or only 2.4ghz, everything, but it still doesn't work

0 Ratings
eosimi
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

YES!! i found a solution, so you should try this also!
i have an Asrock B450 Fatality ITX mobo with integrated intel AC Wifi, which can do both 2.4 and 5 Ghz frequencies.
Go to your 'Network Connections' in windows, select the problematic wifi which gives you this dns probe... message. right click, properties.
the next windows, on the top 'connect using...' - here you have to select the wifi adapter (in my case the integrated intel AC-3168 type), and hit CONFIGURE.
on the next page, on the second, ADVANCED tab, in the first row, called 'Property' select the first option, which is 802.11a/b/g wireless mode, and on the right, at the 'value', select 2.4ghz 802.11b/g

at the Property row, select the second item, which is 802.11n/ac wireless mode, and give it the VALUE 802.11ac

after i set these and saved the settings, disconnected and reconnected to the wifi network, it started working immediately!

Man, i really hope it will work for you as well, walking in the same shoes, i know what you feel, how annoying it is, so give it a go! wish you good luck 🙂
0 Ratings